What Your Wedding Zodiac Sign Says About Your Marriage: Just like your birthday, the zodiac sign you get married under can say a lot about your future together, for better or worse.
- Iman and David Bowie together since April 24, 1992 - photographed by Bruce Weber - Cape Town, South Africa
Your Wedding Date: March 21 - April 19
- Aries is a very adventurous, bold, and independent sign. If you tie the knot during this time you’ll thrive as individuals and not risk losing site of yourselves in the relationship. Your marriage will be filled with lots of spontaneity, too. Think last minute getaways, exciting dinner dates, and unexpected romantic surprises. But be careful not to get too competitive with each other, as Aries couples tend to do.
: Your Wedding Date: April 20 - May 20
- Taurus is an extremely sensual, decadent sign. You and your hubby enjoy the finer things in life, and you’re definitely not afraid to indulge your taste for luxury. Good news: You’re destined to have a very grounded marriage. Because both of you can get stuck and set in your ways though, it’s important to mix things up more and try new stuff — in the bedroom and out of it.
Your Wedding Date: May 21 - June 20
- For Gemini couples, communication is key. You’ll have a really talkative marriage, and there will be a constant dialogue going on between you and your other half. Since you crave variety, keep things interesting by taking part in new activities together. Sign up for an exotic cooking class, learn how to surf this summer, or even go skydiving if you’re up for it. Don’t get scattered in too many directions however. You need to remember to prioritize your time together.
: Your Wedding Date: June 21 - July 22
- Home is where the heart is for Cancers. You really like to pamper your husband (and vice versa). Cooking together is another shared interest. And don’t be surprised if you have a lot of cutesy nicknames for each other. The danger Cancers face is getting a little too wrapped up as a couple and becoming homebodies. Make sure to get out, be interactive, and stay connected to friends and family.
: Your Wedding Date: July 23 - August 22
Leo couples are likely to have a very dramatic, theatrical, and passionate marriage. You both have strong opinions and you’re certainly not shy about sharing them. While it’s nice that there’s a lot of romance and passion, you do have a habit of getting too dramatic sometimes. This could result in a power struggle, so be careful not to boss each other around.
Your Wedding Date: August 23 - September 22
Virgo is an extremely organized, refined, and healthy sign. You and your husband pay attention to the little things and you’re all about the details. He’s your cheerleader and you’re his, which is why helping each other out comes so naturally. Though you may get stuck focusing on your problems and lose site of the bigger picture since you can be a bit nitpicky.
Your Wedding Date: September 23 - October 22
- Libra is the sign that rules marriage. This is probably why October is one of the biggest wedding months. Libra marriages are, not surprisingly, very much about balance and give and take from both partners. The relationship is a real priority to you and your man. However, the danger lies in losing your individuality. Remember to break out of the couple bubble and do things on your own too.
Your Wedding Date: October 23 - November 21
- Scorpio is an extremely sexy and intense sign. There’s bound to be a ton of intimacy and passion in your marriage, and you should have no problem keeping the romance alive over the years. Scorpio is also a sign of power and control though, so jealousy issues can crop up down the line. Be careful and make sure that if you’re feeling hurt you talk about it. You don’t want to let a power struggle ruin your marriage.
Your Wedding Date: November 22 - December 21
- The Sagittarius couple is very outgoing, adventurous, and worldly. There will most likely be a lot of travel in your future. You’re constantly learning and taking classes together, and you’re both incredibly open-minded as well. Nevertheless, you tend to take too many risks sometimes, particularly financially. Try not to live so much on the edge and hold down the fort at home.
Your Wedding Date: December 22 - January 19
Capricorn is the sign of tradition, which is why this winter wedding typically happens around Christmastime or the New Year. You and your hubby are all about legacy and honoring your heritage. You love celebrating the holidays and carrying on traditions from your childhood. One thing you both need to work on though is learning to enjoy the present instead of always planning for your future.
Your Wedding Date: January 20 - February 18
The Aquarius marriage can best be described as unconventional, quirky, and modern. You’re each other’s best friend, but you’re also a very social couple that hosts a ton of parties. You enjoy going out and being amongst a big crowd. To keep your marriage strong, it’s important to make sure you set aside enough one-on-one time together.
: Your Wedding Date: February 19 - March 20
- Pisces is the sign of fantasy, imagination, romance, and creativity. You and your hubby are no doubt an incredibly dreamy match. Expect vow renewals and anniversary getaways in your future. Beware of getting too much out of touch with reality, however. You don’t want to let your emotions take over to the point where you aren’t grounded as a couple and begin to overspend to accommodate your creative endeavors.
h/t Brides / Vogue Italia August 1995 / Chanel Haute Couture